Mr. Woodrow's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. Woodrow's Class

Mr. Woodrow's Fifth Grade Class

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Motions of the Oceans

Go down 
+4
tbelc2
rjack1
kadam1
agwoodrow
8 posters
AuthorMessage
agwoodrow

Motions of the Oceans Empty
PostSubject: Motions of the Oceans   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Describe the three main types of motion that occur in the ocean. Tell how each of the motions can be used. This site may help:

Ocean Motions
Back to top Go down
kadam1

PostSubject: kimberly's response   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:02 pm

the three important movements in the ocean is : tide, waves, currents.

The tides you can use to swim and to give yourself a boost. Sometimes it is importatant to the sea animals in the top and bottom.

The current they help us with traveling from one part of the ocean to another.Another thing is currentst have helped us with fishing and boating.

The wave can be created by earthquakes to ships. Another fact about waves are alot of people use them to surf and alot of other ocean activities.

Sincerely, Kimberly adams lol! flower
Back to top Go down
rjack1

PostSubject: Re: Motions of the Oceans   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:02 pm

currents driven by wind,tides, and gravity they are useful to humans because they help man travel

tides are periodic rise and fall of the ocean and is caused by gravitational pulls from the moon. Tides are helpful to human because they help them when they go fishing>

waves everything from earthquakes to ship wakes create waves it is helpful to human because when they go surfboarding the waves make it fun for them so they can yelll wooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rjack1 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tbelc2

PostSubject: Re: Motions of the Oceans   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 am

tides-they help people travle and inportent to sea anamals
waves-they are used to do ocean fun.
current-help men fish in boats
Back to top Go down
goceg

PostSubject: Guillermo's reply   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:17 am

the currents are made by wind,tides and gravity and they also help you move around in the ocean and get to places
the waves are made by underwater volcanos which are fomed under the ocean afro
Back to top Go down
jsumi1

PostSubject: Jarret response   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:24 am

The three motions in the oceans are currents, tides, and waves. The first thing I am going to talk about is tides. The tides can be low or high. The gravity from the causes the tides. When the tides get low the water goes down. When the tides get high the water rises. Tides have an affect on mussels because if they are in the middle and it decreases they can not breath.
Next is waves. Waves can be harmful and fun. The harmful waves are tsunamis.
The fun way is surfing . Personally I like surfing
Back to top Go down
rperez

PostSubject: Re: Motions of the Oceans   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:24 am

Currents- are driven by wind, tides and gravity.The Longshore current is caused when waves strike the beach at an angle. Rip currents are a pontentially dangerous effect of Longshore currents.

Tides- are the periodic rise and fall of the ocean waters. The key to tides is the varying strength of the Moon's gravatational pull on differents parts of the globe. The Moon pulls on most of the nearest to it, which creates a high tide. On the oppisite side of the planet, the Moon's pull is much weaker. In the high tides low tides can be found.
Back to top Go down
jfoxw

PostSubject: Re: Motions of the Oceans   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:24 am

The currents help us by moving.they help us so we can carry supplies through the ocean.

The tides you can use for having fun like surfing a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motions of the Oceans   Motions of the Oceans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motions of the Oceans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Woodrow's Class :: Mr. Woodrow's Class :: Your first forum-
Jump to: